Friday, April 17, 2015

This Weeks stuff. The Fight for 15 and More Geek stuff


So this week I had a lot of running around to do. It took me four fucking hours to get my state ID. They do everything in their power to make it hard on people to get the necessary paperwork to get things like Ids and such. First off I walked like five miles to get there. I mean that's not too far of a walk for me, but it's sucks when you walk somewhere and they tell you that they cant help you because the mail you have isn't good enough proof of who you are. But I got the ID in the end, it just took me forever. Then on the 15th it was the Fight for 15 March here in Chicago. I was glad to see so many people out standing in solidarity with these workers. I even took my baby girl with me, she freaking loved every bit of the action. She really liked the buckets that people were using as drums during the March. I hope that the Fight for 15 movement continues to grow and more people join the strikes. The working class needs a living wage. People need to be able to take care of their families no matter what job they are doing. Fast food workers to professor people should have a living wage. It also reminded me that we that May Day coming up in like two weeks.


Now for the fun stuff...  Some spoilers ahead...

1.) I watch the first episode of Daredevil on Netflixs. It was a little slow at first and the quality of acting was a little hooky at times, but it picked up towards the middle of the show. I've been reading good things all week about this first season of the show. I've even read that it's better then Arrow right now. So we shall see. I going to try to watch more this weekend.

2 .) The second Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer came out and the whole world went woohoo!!!


So I love hearing Mark Hamill's voice, there's something about listening to a familiar quote from a familiar voice, it gives you the warm fuzzes. Then we get to see the one Black storm trooper....I hope he actually has a story in the movie and they are not just showing him for no good reason.  Then ending with Han and Chewie is even better. Gives the trailer that nerd girl squee moment that everyone wants.  

3.) Disney's live action Beauty and the Beast cast Photo was released. Not much to report here other then it looks like an amazing cast so far. Emma Watson as Belle is a good call. I wonder if there will be singing?

4.) Game of Thrones season 5 opener. Left me feeling really kind of upset, like that is what we have been waiting for? I like how it opened Seeing the flashback, but then I felt that the episode kind of just rode the wave of setting up the rest of the season without really giving us anything to be wowing over this episode. I guess we had a death, but a death of a person that not too many fans are invested in.So it was whatever. I guess that it does setup a sense of What's going to happen now Jon Snow? Like what are you going to do? but Nothing too big. I'm hoping this weeks episode we get to see Dorne and we get to see Arya.

No comments:

Post a Comment