Saturday, April 25, 2015

Spring became Winter again... A lot of stuff is happening.




So I was going to talk about a bunch of things this week, however I have very little time to work on this blog this week. I have other writing that I need to get done for school and other stuff. But I will cover these topics this week... Indigenous People walking off the set of Adam Sandlers new movie and why that is such a big deal.  Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner "joking" calling Black Widow a slut and a whore. Game of thrones last week, and Sailor Moon Crystal. Also a quick review of some of the newer cartoons my roommates nephews where watching on cartoon network.  I need to catch up on my other shows once that is done then I will have a special update. Okay so here we go.......


So Netflicks and Adam Sandler are making " comedy" about the wild west. When we first heard about this we heard that they were hiring a cultural adviser to help the movie not be a completely racist piece of shit. They even  went as far as http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/04/23/jokes_in_adam_sandler_movie_the_ridiculous_six_were_so_offensive_native.html?wpsrc=fol_fb
hiring real Native actors. We ( meaning the Native community) were happy about this. Then this week happened. SO 20+ Native actors walked off the set of the movie. Saying that the jokes were racist and the set was culturally inappropriate. The Native actors tried to talk to the producers who call the actors " you people" that if they were offend they could just leave. As a Native person I'm pissed off that we have to put up with racist stereotyping and jokes. People act like this form of humor is okay, it dehumanizes a whole group of people. We do not need people like Adam Sandler or do we need these kinds of movies? We are some of the most talented, beautiful, amazing people on  \earth and we do not deserve to be treated this way. I don't want my daughter to think that this behavior towards her people is acceptable. It's the 21st century we should be past racist stereotypes for cheap laughs.And for the people that call it satire, true satire is meant to be a evaluation of society. This is can be done without being racist. And Why did they get a cultural adviser if they wren't going to listen to what they had to say. A boycott of netflicks has been put into place.

Now for Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner and their remarks on Black Widow. Now some people have expressed that people shouldn't care about what two actors say about a fictional female comic book superhero. But it does. It matters a lot.  Like it or not the moment Chris and Jeremy became superheros they became role models for young people everywhere. Now people aren't perfect and they will fuck up, but once again calling someone a slut and whore is uncalled for. Renner has been known to say the occasional mean word here and there, but Chris Evans we thought he was bigger then this. and his actions has hurt a lot of people. The point is that misogynist remarks if its about a real person or a fictional it still does damage. I think this article that Black Nerd Problems released sums it up nicely. http://blacknerdproblems.com/site/black-widow-is-a-whore-why-you-deserve-to-be-judged-by-your-opinions-on-fictional-women/  I'm glad that both Renner and Evans apologized. I think Evens apology was a little more heartfelt,

Episode review time!!   Warning Spoilers!!!

1.) Game of Thrones season 5 episode 2:
The season opener gave us a whole lot of dude time. We got to finally see the House of Black and White and Arya. I feel like we are seeing Arya coming into her purpose. Like this was planned out for her since she started her "Dancing lessons" with Syrio Forel  I think Jaqen H'ghar Has had a hand in this also. I was happy to see that the faceless man turn into Jaqen. He has big plans for Arya, I wonder if Arya is up to the challenge. I think one day she is going to become one of the Faceless killers, and then she is going to do a whole lot of killing. On to Sansa and her stupid head. I'm not really sure what they are doing with Sansa and why she met with Brienne. She hasn't even met her in the books yet, in the books Sansa is still at the Vale playing around with Robin. Brienne needs to figure out how to get on team Sansa. I'm really enjoy watching Brienne fight. She uses the power of her anger behind her fighting style. The relationship that she is developing with Podrick developing slowly. Which is fine in all I just want them to be best friends already. I hope at some point Brienne and Jamie will meet up again. Jamie began his own quest this past episode he is on his way to Dorne. We saw a bit of Dorne in this episode, We got to see the Lord Prince of Dorne Doran Martell. I picture him a little older and more broken in the books. Ellaria Sand is still in mourning and still pissed off. Which is a good thing means we might see some kind of plan to get her revenge. I hope that as the season progresses we will get to see more of Dorne. Only because it is a place within the story that we do no get to see often.

2.)  Sailor Moon Crystal episode 20:
In the last episode we met Sailor Pluto and the time gate to the 30th century. The whole point of this last episode was to finally tell the viewer who Chibi Usa is. And Why she has the same name and hairstyle of Usagi. I really don't understand why this is even need... I mean her name is Chibi Usagi, She has the same hair as Usagi, Logically it ya know makes sense that she would be the child of Usagi. But whatever. I like this episode because one: we got to see more of Sailor Pluto and her awesomeness. and Two: Tuxedo Mask was actually useful. I like that they are taking to the manga version of Tuxedo Mask. He actually serves the purpose, besides standing around giving advice to the people doing all the fighting. I still haven't heard anything with how many episodes they are going to be doing of Sailor Moon Crystal. I would like to see the rest of the outer sailors.

3.) Other random Cartoons on Cartoon Network:
Okay so... Like What the Fuck is Uncle Grandpa? It's a horrible. There is no point to the show. Nothing to really enjoy story wise. It's just loud nonsense. Then there is the World of Gumball. This show is a little better. There is somewhat of a story and the jokes are sometimes funny. But most of the time I really don't understand whats happening in the show. Then there is Steven Universe which at first I thought I wasn't going to like it. But once you get into the story it's a really good show. Right up there with Adventure Time. I figured that most of these shows are not meant for my age range and therefore that is why I don't understand them. I don't think I would let Kora watch Uncle Grandpa.

Well I think that is it. I hope that I can get this out sooner then the weekend next week. Plus I hope to have caught up on other shows.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment