Friday, May 8, 2015
Baltimore, May Day and the 2016 elections. Geek updates
So the last two weeks have been mentally and emotionally exhausting for me, I'm sure they have been exhausting for a lot of people of color. So when it comes to the topic of Baltimore and the police state that has been imposed upon the people there is still going on. After they have decided that they were going to press charges on the offices that were responsible for the murder of Freddie Gray were going to be charged with murder. The many nights talking with fellow people of color and white comrades about topics of racism left me feeling almost in a state of emotional shock.
I really don't understand why people don't understand how fucked up capitalism is towards Black people and other people of Color. It's like.. Oh we must fight this evil capitalism, we need to focus on the issues that workers face. Completely removing the fact that the Black and Brown working class face issues that the white working class doesn't have to deal with. Having these conversations with White comrades is one of the most exhausting thing. If we are going to build and movement and unite the working class, then we have to be aware of other people's spaces and the issues that they are facing, without over stepping boundaries.
Went to May Day last week. It wasn't as big as it has been in resent years. Normally there is something at the Haymarket Monument: the birthplace of May Day. There was talk of shutting down the TPP and how the working class needs to come out in full force for the 2016 election season. There were many supporters and workers from the Fight for 15 there talking about there next action later this summer. There was a march against police violence on the other side town that I did not go to. Only reason why I didn't go because Kora needed a nap.
When it comes to the 2016 election season I know that we are going to be working our asses off to stop the ultra right from taking over everything. Bernie Sanders has put his hat into the race, he calls himself and socialist but we shall see. I would call his socialism a little fluffy at best. But he is a better choice in my books then Hillary. She is for policies that would hurt workers and people of color. She has also failed to make a statement regarding the police violence against the Black community. I also know that a lot of Black and Brown youth do not like her. So I hope that they will pull behind Bernie. I'm also hoping that more Native youth will vote this next election season.
Now for the Geek stuff: Game of Thrones, Sailor Moon Crystal, May the 4th and New Star Wars news, Martian Freeman, The Suicide Squad photo released. The Flash Warning Spoilers ahead.
Sailor Moon Crystal episode 21: So it picks up where it left off last time...Usagi is in the creepy hands of the Black Moon and feeling sorry for herself. They did more back story on Chibi Usa her relationship with Pluto and her mother Neo Queen Serenity. I think this was just a huge as set-up for the Wicked Lady Part of the story. There was this one moment where Mercury, Mars and Jupiter wake up because they feel Usagi's sadness and fear. Then when they were attacked Usagi felt that pain too. It show's that the girls are connected by their friendship and love for one another in a deep way. I want them to take the time to tell the story of the Black Moon and why they have so much hatred for the Crystal Moon family. It was also released that Sailor Moon Crystal will be getting a second season. Hopefully with the second they will be getting the bugs worked out of the animation.
Game Of Thrones season 5 episode 4:
First off I want to talk about all the how there was a lot of talk about Rheagar this last episode. It was like they are trying to tell us something. Pair that with the splash of Jon Snow we had this episode it makes sense that they are going in the direction of the fans R+L=J theory. Sansa lighting candles down in the tombs of Winterfell was a really good moment. It was like she was re-grounding herself in that space. We have heard parts of the story of Lyanna and Rheagar and what happen that started the war that put Robert on the Iron Throne. We know that when Lyanna was dying she made Ned promise her something. We know that Rheagar was already married, but was in love with Lyanna.
Makes since to me that they could of have a mysterious baby. For some reason when Petyr was saying good-bye to Sansa I began to worry if Petyr was actually going to be coming back. It felt like to me that he is going to end up dead. What is Sansa going to do? Is she going to marry Ramsey Snow? Then what? I hope there is a epic plan brewing in her brainpan. I want it to be completely un-Sansa like. I want her to take back the north. Then we have Jon Snow and Melisandre.... Melisandre the queen of creepy sexy time. Like I'm thinking Jon's blood must carry a shit ton of power, otherwise she wouldn't want him. Then we go and get to see some gooey Stannis talking to his daughter. I think this is the first time we have really seen Stannis like this. He was really human in this moment. It actually made me like him a little.
In the capital Cersei has unleashed the religious super powers of the sparrows. They go around Kings Landing scooping up "bad people" one of the people that is arrested is the New queens brother. This is proving the first hard task for King Tommen who was tricked by his mother in signing over powers to the Lancel and the other sparrows. There was a point where Tommen heard people calling him a bastard. Maybe the truth about who is parents are is going to come out. I wonder how far in the season they are going to show Cersei plan's backfire in her face. I really can't wait for that moment. Now on to what Jamie is doing, Jamie and Bronn are on their way to Dorne to rescue Myrcella. Bronn asks Jamie why doesn't he just bring an army to fight Dorne. Jamie doesn't want to start a full on war. If they can just in in and out real quick it would be for the best.
My favorite part with Jamie this week was when they were on the boat and they sailed past Tarth. Jamie got all gooey faced. We got to see the Sand Snakes and we got to listen to their plans and some of their back stories. In the books their plan was to take Myrcella and make her Queen. Now here in the show I'm not sure that is what they are going to be doing with their story. Now to the epic ass ending, so Dany and sir Barristan have a nice moment talking about how cool and awesome Rheagar was. How he liked to play music and shit with the common folk. Then all of a sudden there is this epic ass fight between the Sons of the Harpy and the Unsullied. Gray Worm is fighting like the super awesome bad ass that he is, and then all of a sudden Sir Barristan pops out of no where to help out. The fight continues and we really get to see the fighting skills of Sir Barriestan. If he was this bad ass as a old guy, imagine how fucking bad ass he was when he was young. Then the fight turns bad, Sir Barriestan and Gray Worm are both injured in the fight. This episode leaves us with thinking they could be dead. I hope both of them are not dead. I would rather have Sir Barriestan be dead then Gray Worm. Let's hope they show some of what's going on with Dany this sunday.
May the 4th and Star wars:
I'm going to keep this short, the best news to come out was the Gwendoline Christie's character was shown. It looks super bad ass. You can read more about it here: http://www.gwendoline-christie.com/yes-gwendoline-christies-star-wars-the-force-awakens-character-will-knock-you-into-the-dust/
Martian Freeman:
announced that he was going to be in the next Captain America Movie. I wonder who he is going to be.
The Suicide Squad update: They came out with a photo of the "Squad" I feel like the whole cast is missing something. Like they are not put together all the way. I hope that they don't reduced Harley Quinn to a sidekick or some kind of token for the Joker. She is amazing character and I hope that they don't fuck it up.
The Flash:
So the last episode had way too many feels in it, and a super gorilla that has way too many feels. I really didn't understand the point of this episode other then for people to talk about their feels.
Okay that is it for this week. I hope to get all caught up on Gotham. I will just do a special post about the end of the first season and my hopes for the second one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment